Name: Long Term Plan 2015/16 – 2024/25
Document type: Plan
Date approved: 29 June 2015
Review date: Every 3 years
Department responsible: Dunedin City Council
Position responsible: Mayor of Dunedin
The Long Term Plan 2015/16 – 2024/25 (LTP) was adopted by the Council on 29 June 2015.
PDF’s of the LTP as adopted by the Council, along with the independent auditors opinion are available below.
A final published copy of the LTP will be posted shortly and print copies of this will be available on request from the Customer Service Agency later in July 2015. A summary of decision-making on submissions will also be made available shortly.
What is an LTP?
A long term plan is a public accountability document and provides a basis for the community to assess their Council’s performance.
The 2015/16 – 2024/25 Long Term Plan sets out the Council’s financial strategy for the next 10 years and contains information on the changes the Council plans to make to achieve this strategy, how the council will measure its performance, the projects that the Council plans to carry out over the next 10 years and financial information including draft budgets, funding sources and changes to rates. The 2015/16 – 2024/25 Long Term Plan also contains the Annual Plan for the 2015/16 year with information on fees and charges for the 2015/16 year.
Long Term Plan documents
• 2015-25 DCC LTP unqualified audit opinion with EOM (PDF, 84.4 KB)
• Introduction (PDF, 615.9 KB)
Introduction to the LTP (What is an LTP, Mayoral Introductions, Members of Council and Community Boards, Map of Dunedin City, Council Committee Structure and Dunedin City Council Organisation Chart, Audit Opinion)
• Section 1- Major issues and Strategies (PDF, 5.8 MB)
Major Issues and Strategies (Major issues for the ten year plan, results of consultation, the Council’s strategic framework, approach to sustainability, city profile, financial strategy, 30 year infrastructure strategy, Maori capacity to contribute to decision making)
• Section 2 – Group Activities (PDF, 2.7 MB)
Group Activities (describes the services provided by the Council, their contribution to community outcomes, framework for performance measurement and group financial information)
• Section 3 – Forecast Financial Statements (PDF, 877.9 KB)
Forecast Financial Statements (financial statements, gross debt chart, accounting policies, 10 year capital expenditure programme, prospective information, significant forecasting assumptions, inflation adjusters, reserve funds, long term plan disclosure statement)
• Section 4 – Funding Impact Statement (PDF, 1.1 MB)
Funding Impact Statement and Revenue and Financing Policy (Summary of changes to the rating method, council funding impact statement, additional information, rating unit projections, funding principles, Revenue and Financing Policy 2015, Remission and Postponement policies)
• Section 5 – Other Policies (PDF, 4.2 MB)
Other Policies (Treasury Risk Management Policy, Development Contributions Policy, Significance and Engagement Policy)
• Section 6 – Council Controlled Organisations (PDF, 358.3 KB)
Council Controlled Organisations (Information about companies owned by the council that manage facilities or assets and/or deliver significant services for the Council)
• Section 7 – General (PDF, 602.3 KB)
General (Schedule of fees and charges, information about council grants and events funding)
• Schedule of Fees and Charges Schedule of Fees and Charges for the 2015/16 financial year
• Agenda, reports and minutes 18 to 22 May 2015 Agenda, reports and minutes of LTP Deliberations and Decision-making 18 -22 May 2015
• Draft LTP Consultation material The Consultation Document and all supporting documents for the Consultation phase
You are able to search by submitter and view the details of the submission received by the Dunedin City Council to the Long Term Plan 2015/16-2024/25.
Posted by Elizabeth Kerr