### ODT Online Sat, 15 Jan 2011
Mass clean-up follows holiday graffiti spate
By Hamish McNeilly
A mass clean-up is under way to rid Dunedin of graffiti after a spate of tagging during the Christmas break. Keep Dunedin Beautiful co-ordinator Darlene Thomson said there had been a “lot of complaints” since Christmas, and Taskforce Green workers had removed much of the reported graffiti.
Dealing with tagging
• Report incidents to police.
• Take a photograph of the graffiti for police records.
• Remove it as soon as possible so the tagger does not get street credit for their work; graffiti is also easier to remove.
• Plant creeping vines or trees to eliminate wall space and protect fences.
• Good lighting will discourage offenders.
Posted by Elizabeth Kerr