Taieri Times 13.7.16 (page 1)
Taieri Times 20.7.16 (page 8)
Taieri Times 20.7.16 (page 7)
Epitaph. Prudence said she couldn’t swim in the DCC pool at Mosgiel, nor Moana, they both drowned.
Related Posts and Comments:
● 26.11.15 DCC report: Mosgiel Pool Future Aquatic Provision
● 16.9.15 DCC Please Explain —Mosgiel pool design to Warren & Mahoney
● 10.9.15 Tale of two pools … #Mosgiel #Wanaka
● 7.8.15 MOU DCC and TCFT New Aquatic Facility #MosgielPool
● 24.7.15 Hands off Mosgiel Memorial Gardens
● 23.7.15 Dunedin ratepayers —Green Island best site for city pool users…
● 22.7.15 DCC Long Term Plan 2015/16 – 2024/25
● 19.5.15 Mosgiel pool trust conflicts of interest #bigfishsmallpond
18.5.15 NEWSFLASH —Mosgiel pool, tracking [PONT] . . . .
17.5.15 Cr Vandervis on DCC project budgets
● 4.5.15 DCC: Draft LTP matter —‘Unfunded Mosgiel Aquatic Facilities’
● 7.5.15 DCC Draft LTP 2015/16-2024/25 —public submissions online
● 12.4.15 Mosgiel pool trust calls on Dunedin ratepayers to fund distant complex
1.4.15 ‘Pooling Together’ (TCFT) loses chairman, resigns [see Wanaka pool]
28.3.15 DCC Draft LTP 2015/16 to 2024/25 —CONSULTATION OPEN
25.3.15 DCC Long Term Plan: Green-dyed chickens home to roost
11.3.15 Mosgiel pool trust PLAINLY hasn’t got ‘$7.5M community support’
● 6.3.15 Propaganda from trust for Taieri pool project #Mosgiel
● 2.3.15 DCC: Mosgiel Pool private workshop Tuesday (tomorrow) [renders]
● 20.2.15 Taieri Aquatic Centre: 2nd try for SECRET meeting —hosted by Mayor
● 13.2.15 ‘Taieri Aquatic Centre’, email from M. Stedman via B. Feather
● 10.2.15 Dunedin City Councillors invited to Secret Meeting #Mosgiel
14.1.15 DCC Draft Long Term Plan: more inanity from Cull’s crew pending
11.10.14 New Mosgiel Pool trust declared —(ready to r**t)
23.7.14 Mosgiel Pool: Taieri Times, ODT…. mmm #mates
16.7.14 Stadium: Exploiting CST model for new Mosgiel Pool #GOBs
● 4.2.14 DCC: Mosgiel Pool, closed-door parallels with stadium project…
30.1.14 DCC broke → More PPPs to line private pockets and stuff ratepayers
20.1.14 DCC Draft Annual Plan 2014/15 [see this comment & ff]
16.11.13 Community board (Mosgiel-Taieri) clandestine meetings
25.1.12 Waipori Fund – inane thinkings from a councillor
19.5.10 DScene – Public libraries, Hillside Workshops, stadium, pools
12.4.10 High-performance training pool at stadium?
Posted by Elizabeth Kerr
Election year. This post is offered in the public interest.
*Images: shortzilla.com – duck in pond | dadvmom.com – blacknwhiteswim
9 responses to “Mosley’s Pond now a Dunedin Community ‘asset’ to fund”
I see the good Cr Lord has jumped from one side of the fence to the other. First he wanted to give the pool trust $80,000. Now that it appears to be drowning he is reaching out for a life raft “I wouldn’t feel comfortable having a pool right next to somebody’s house”. It must be election year ?
It definitely should be an election issue.
Why the DCC have committed $6 million to a pool when they can’t commit to fixing up drains, mud tanks and waste water problems in Dunedin city.
Infrastructure before toys.
Sounds like Mr Feather wants others to do, what he didn’t do.
Will the pool project gather force or will the locals accept an upgrade to the existing facility. Or will private developers making So much money off their subdivision of good farmland donate a community pool ? !
I drove through the disgusting new cul-de-sacs on Thursday afternoon, at Mosgiel. Wanaka 2.
What an awful feeling the new townscape evinces. Zincalume fencing, chalet-style mailboxes, monochrome colours and low ceilings, anyone ?
People are being ripped off by the design build industry that has practically No Architectural Design capability whatsoever. This is the result of straight low grade drafting and formulaic pandering to an unsuspecting clientele who want a new box but they get no community. As a colleague mentioned… myopic.
This is a straight copy of 1930-40s commuterville – no public amenity while developers laugh all thw way to the banks.
Wed, 3 Aug 2016
ODT: Pool project planning and fundraising relies on choosing site
A recreation centre in Balclutha was a similar example of community collaboration to the proposed Mosgiel pool, the Taieri Community Facilities Trust chairwoman [Irene Mosley] told a meeting last week. […] The Balclutha project was the result of collaboration between the Clutha District Council and the local community, she said.
So the trust is going to raise $7.5m to go with the $26m set aside in the. DCC Annual Plan? Huh!! Can someone tell me when this happened? I thought it was around $15m. When is Ms Mosley’s committee proposing to present the $7.5m? More important, where is the $26m coming from? With the DCC determined to reduce the consolidated debt of some $600m it wouldn’t be borrowing it, would it?
Perhaps that’s why the need for four pools. One to fill with ‘Scrooge McDuck’s’ money so he can fund it. Of course he’ll dive into it as he is known to do. When you think about it, it makes as much sense as we’ve heard to date on this whole ‘wet dream’.
Rumour has it that the site selection has been made, but will not be released till after the election. There will be a few upset locals but who cares. There could be a large firewood sale to raise funds for the pool.
Not the Memorial Gardens!
No matter the site. Mosgiel Pool is an election issue and candidates had better be ready !! Is Mosley going to stand ?