Dunedin City Council
New Start For DCHL
This item was published on 01 Nov 2011.
In keeping with the recommendations of the [Larsen] Report on the membership and operation of DCHL, the following measures have been endorsed by the Council at its meeting yesterday.
• Membership of DCHL board precludes membership of the boards of subsidiary companies
• Elected members and senior DCC staff not eligible for board membership
• There will be no multiple directorships
• The DCHL board will be reconstituted with three directors only.
The Council expects these measures to be implemented immediately.
To this end:
• DCHL board have all resigned or been removed.
• Two new DCHL board members announced today are Denham Shale and Bill Bayliss.
• They will be assisted by Warren [Larsen] who will act as a consultant to the DCHL board.
• There will be a further appointment to the board determined by Messrs Shale, Bayliss and [Larsen].
• The new/interim board will guide the implementation of the restructuring of the subsidiary companies’ boards.
Contact Dave Cull, Mayor of Dunedin on 477 4000.
*Name correction in square brackets by What if? editors.
Larsen Report via this DCC weblink – published 11 August 2011.
28.10.11 DVML, DVL and DCHL annual reports
16.9.11 DCHL and subsidiaries: shuffling, no real clean out?
2.9.11 Dunedin City Council is buggered
13.8.11 Ridding DCHL of conflicts of interest, Otago business monopoly ‘by director’, and other ghouls
9.8.11 CRITICAL Dunedin City Council meeting
3.8.11 D Scene broke the news
29.7.11 WE ALL SAID IT #DunedinCityCouncil #SHAME
9.2.11 DCC and DCHL, was there ever any doubt?
Posted by Elizabeth Kerr