### ODT Online Fri, 6 Nov 2009
Electric buses, transfer stations mooted for central city
By David Loughrey
Dunedin’s bus system could be in for some major changes as the focus moves from parking to the public transport system.
### ODT Online Wed, 4 Nov 2009
DCC considers bus station in Octagon
By Mark Price
Turning the central carriageway of the Octagon into a bus station is one of six options the Dunedin City Council is being asked to investigate. The council working party set up to review the city’s parking policies also examined the issue of bus stops in the central business district and the six options are part of its report to tomorrow’s extraordinary council meeting.
BUS STOP OPTIONS
Options suggested by the Dunedin City Council’s parking review working party.-
1. Relocate Princes St bus stops to the central carriageway of the Octagon.
2. Relocate the northbound bus stop to the Octagon central carriageway.
3. Construct a bus transfer station north of the Octagon in the Moray Pl-Great King St area.
4. Consider a “high-frequency core route” through the main street with transfer points at either end.
5. Remove all bus stops between Frederick St and Moray Pl south and have the bus stop in the “through lane”.
6. Have a high-quality and high-frequency core route through the main street, with all other routes using a transfer centre in Great King St between Moray Pl and the Centre City Mall.
Extraordinary Council Meeting
The Extraordinary Council Meeting to consider Parking Issues, will be held on 5 Nov 2009 2:pm
When: Thursday 5 Nov 2009 –
Where: Council Chambers
Post by Elizabeth Kerr