As emailed to all members…
From: Stop the Stadium Announcement list
Date: 19 August 2009 12:31:23 PM
To: sts mailout
Subject: [sts] Notice of AGM
Stop The Stadium Inc
Date: Sunday 30th August 2009
Time: 3pm – 4pm
Place: Pioneer Women’s Hall
362 Moray Place (opp Countdown carpark)
What if? Questions:
1. How many STS members are there? (circa 1400?)
2. What’s the capacity of the Pioneer Women’s Hall?
3. Has there been a public notice as required?
4. The President is compiling the Agenda (not a question!)
5. The email notice gives very little time for people to submit agenda items (due today 20 Aug, hell – lots of questions?????)
6. Will President be taking new nominations for committee from the floor?
7. Is there a General Business item in the agenda? (who knew!)
8. Will President take items for discussion from the floor in 7. above?
9. What is the STS constitutional rule that applies to AGMs? (god help us, a fact!)
Rule (9) General Meetings
The Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held on such day before the first day of September each year as shall, from time to time, be determined by the Management of the Society.
The Secretary shall at least ten days before the Annual General Meeting in each year make public notice stating the date, time and place of the meeting together with particulars of the business to be transacted.
10. What are members for?